Leader Technologies™ ("Leader®" or "Leader" or "Leader Phone®") is committed to providing you with excellent service for all of our products. Because we respect your right to privacy, we have developed this Privacy Statement to inform you about our privacy practices for all Leader® sites. References to Leader® herein shall also apply to Leader Phone®.
This privacy statement was last updated on October 19, 2009. Leader has created this privacy statement in order to disclose our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website, www.leaderphone.com. Leader Phone® strives to abide by the Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data. Credits: This statement is a compilation of terms and conditions of the same or similar statements and concepts from various sources.
Upon reading this privacy statement, you will know:
1. What personally identifiable information of yours or third party personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website.
2. The organization collecting the information. How the information is used.
3. With whom the information may be shared.
4. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
5. The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Leader´s control.
6. How you can access and correct any inaccuracies in the information collected about you.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the Leader´s site coordinator at suppor AT leader.com.
What personally identifiable information of yours or third party personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site?
How We Use PII. Leader may send users and subscribers periodic emails containing information about Leader and Leader Phone®, other Leader products, administrative notices about your account (such as notices about pending activities), updates on new Service features, Service usage tips, information about third party products and services that are likely to be of interest to Leader users and subscribers, and customer satisfaction questions.
• Leader collects PII when you subscribe to an account and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Leader may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners.
• When you subscribe, we ask for your name, email address, company name, address and zip code, telephone number and credit card and billing information. Once you subscribe to a Leader service, you are not anonymous to us.
• In addition to subscription information, Leader allows you to enter address and contact information that is stored on your behalf. Leader does not use any information stored in your cContact list for any marketing or commercial purpose. You can edit any contact information stored in your Leader account at any time. You have the choice to delete each contact individually or to delete all contacts at once.
• When you enter a promotion, sweepstakes, or contest hosted by Leader or sponsored by Leader and/or our many partners, we ask for your name, address, and email address. When you participate in a Leader-sponsored or hosted promotion, you are subject to the Official Rules of that promotion. Some promotions that are hosted or co-sponsored by Leader don't require you to be a Leader subscriber. You may be asked to provide additional information or to answer certain questions, some of which may be optional, in order to participate. We may contact you in connection with a particular promotion, such as a sweepstakes or contest, in order to update you of your status, administer the promotion, let you know that a promotion has ended, and for other purposes.
You may "opt-out" from receiving information about third party products and services by sending an email from the email address assigned to your Leader account to remove AT Leader.com.
Leader may also access your PII for the following administrative purposes: (a) to examine system accounting logs, user mailboxes and other company records to resolve security, email and other system errors or problems; (b) for billing purposes; (c) to ensure that only Leader users and subscribers are able to access certain subscriber-only services; and (d) to enforce the Leader Fair Use policies.
How We Allow Third Parties Access to Your PII. Leader will not permit third parties to have access to your PII except in the following instances:
• Leader will provide access to certain of your PII to third party suppliers in order for them to perform certain transactions and functions for us -- for example, credit card numbers are sent to a credit card processing company for billing and address information may be given to a fulfillment company that sends out our welcome kits. These suppliers are not authorized to release this information to other third parties.
• Leader shares PII in aggregated form (e.g., demographic and profile information on groups of Leader users and subscribers, not necessarily individual information) with advertisers and others.
• Leader will disclose your PII in cases where, in its discretion, it deems such disclosure required or appropriate in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations and for security and investigative purposes. For example, Leader may disclose such information to law enforcement, other government officials, or third parties in response to criminal or civil subpoenas.
• IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIBER, LEADER WILL NOT SELL YOUR PII WITHOUT YOUR PRIOR CONSENT.
• Leader may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
• We have your consent to share the information;
• We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
• We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Leader to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have the right to use the personally identifiable information we provide beyond what is necessary to assist us.)
• We will share aggregated demographic or usage information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person or company.
• We use a credit card processing company to bill users for Leader services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
• Promotions that are hosted on Leader may be sponsored by Leader, may be co-sponsored by Leader and another company, or may be sponsored by companies other than Leader. Some or all of the data collected during a promotion may be shared with the sponsor(s) or companies indicated on the entry form. If data will be shared, then there will be notice prior to the time of data collection or transfer;
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
• We find that your actions on our web sites violate the End User & Subscriber Agreement, Leader Legal Notices or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
Access to the Contents of Your Communications and Leader Numbers. Leader acts as a passive conduit for you to send and receive information of your own choosing. Therefore, as a general rule, Leader will not review or monitor the contents of voice, faxes, email, voice mail or other communications sent or received using the Services, and, with respect to users and subscribers, we will not disclose to third parties the numbers uploaded to the Site. This general rule is subject to the following two exceptions:
1. Certain technical processing of, and access to voice, fax, email and voice mail messages and their content, may be required to route messages, conform to connecting networks' technical requirements, prevent or minimize disruptions to the Services, or conform to other similar requirements.
2. Leader will disclose the contents of private communications and fax numbers in cases where, in its discretion, it deems such disclosure required or appropriate in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations and/or security or investigative procedures. For example, Leader may disclose such information to law enforcement, other government officials, or third parties in response to criminal or civil subpoenas.
You hereby authorize Leader to disclose the contents of your private communications and your related numbers in the examples outlined above.
In addition to these two limited exceptions, although Leader uses encryption between servers, third parties may illegally intercept or access transmissions, private communications or fax numbers. For this and the other reasons set forth above, Leader does not promise, and you should not expect, that private voice communications or your contact numbers will always remain private.
If you feel that we are violating this Privacy Statement, please contact us at support AT Leader.com. Please specify "Privacy Statement" in the subject line of your e-mail. If you feel that we do not provide you with an appropriate response.
Customer Responsibilities. You are fully responsible for the contents of your transmissions through the Services. Leader simply acts as a passive conduit for you to send and receive information of your own choosing. However, Leader reserves the right to take any action with respect to the Services that Leader deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if Leader believes you or your information may create liability for Leader, compromise or disrupt the Services for you or other users and subscribers, or cause Leader to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Leader's ISPs or other suppliers.
Your use of the Services is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing account collection, export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising).
You agree: (i) to comply with US law regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States through the Services; (ii) not to use the Services for illegal purposes; (iii) not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Services; (iv) to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to the Services; (v) not to use the Services to infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; and (vi) not to transmit through the Services any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature.
You further agree not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation. The Services make use of the Internet for you to send and receive information of your own choosing. As a result, your conduct is subject to Internet regulations, policies and procedures. You agree not to use or reference the Services for chain letters, junk fax or junk mail, spamming or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process, and further agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems. You shall not interfere with another Customer's use and enjoyment of the Services or another entity's use and enjoyment of similar services.
 "Personally Identifiable Information" means any information (i) that identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person to whom such information pertains, or (ii) from which identification or contact information of an individual person can be derived. Personally Identifiable Information includes but is not limited to, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, financial profiles, medical profile, social security number, and credit card information. Additionally, to the extent unique information (which by itself is not Personally Identifiable Information) such as, but not necessarily limited to, a personal profile, unique identifier, biometric information, and/or IP address is associated with Personally Identifiable Information, then such unique information also will be considered Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information does not include information that is collected anonymously (i.e., without identification of the individual user) or demographic information not connected to an identified individual.)